How is a chiropractic neurologist different from a medical neurologist?
A chiropractic neurologist uses your body and the environment and the technique of adjustment to bring about improvements in your health. The chiropractic neurologist uses the muscular skeletal system as it interacts with the neurological system to improve your quality of life. The medical neurologist uses medications and refers for surgery. Chiropractic neurologists do not do neither of these, they do not prescribe medications but may recommend non-prescription supplements.
Is the ACNB the only chiropractic neurology certification board?
No. However, the ACNB is the only chiropractic neurology board recognized by the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) and, equally important, the only one accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). This is a massive accreditation of the certifying program that covers everything from governance to statistical analysis of the tests and recertification. The ACNB undergoes an annual review from the NCCA. The purpose of certification by the ACNB is the protection of the public.
How does Chiropractic care improve my health?
Chiropractic care is not a cure for anything. Chiropractic care puts your brain back in touch with your body. Innovative research now shows that poor spinal function contributes to poor nervous system function.Chiropractic care may help to:
· restore joint function and normal movement
· reduce inflammation which results when pain receptors activate
· reduce pain by correcting function and by improving brain chemistry
· prevent risk factors for degeneration or arthritis, by maintaining the normal range of motion your joints
· enhance proprioceptive feedback, which improves your ability to respond to your environment,
· enhance nerve transmission and brain communication, which improves the function and integrity of your whole nervous system,
· improve everyday performance, because the spine influences posture, balance, sense perception, learning, memory and the function of all your organs